Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Top Ten Fantasy Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin

PostSubject: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:47 am

Write down your Top Ten Fantasy Movies!

alien  
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thereviews.topdiscussion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Wow, this was really hard to do... but Here's My list of My top ten fantasy movies Smile

1. The Lord of the rings - The return of the king
2. The Lord of the rings - The fellowship of the ring
3. The Lord of the rings - The two towers
4. Harry Potter and the goblet of fire
5. The hunger games: Catching fire
6. Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix
7. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone
8. Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban
9. The hunger games
10. Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2

I Was going to put Avatar at the 10th place, but I couldn't really do that. To me the last Harry Potter movie was one of the best in the serie, and even though Avatar is amazingly done, it's not one of My absolute favourite movies (althoguh it does have an amazing soundtrack, but I'll save My comments on that for another time Wink ). According to me, Avatar has a few flaws, while I have a hard time seeing practicly any in Harry Potter.

Lord of the rings... Do I even have to explain? The movies are simply the best, most well-made and well-acted fantasy movies I've ever seen. Peter Jackson has done a wonderful job with the movies, and they have made me both cry and laugh.

The hunger games and Catching fire are two movies that have surprised me a lot. When I first heard that they we're going to make Hunger games into a movie, I thought "Okay, another book-to-movie movie... It's probably going to be pretty bad". How wrong I Was. These movies are the best book-to-movie movies Iv'e ever seen. They stick to the book almost all the time, and the cast is just perfect, they couldn't have found better actors! (Btw, I can't wait to se Mockingjay!)

Feel free to comment My top, and please, share yours! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RockRosen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 pm

^The Lord of the Rings-trilogy sure is in its own category of fantasy - it's THE fantasy story, but it'd be ignorant of me not to attach Harry Potter to that league as well.. So no, you don't have to explain why those take up the main space of your list.

Speaking of Peter Jackson, what do you think about the Hobbit in comparison with his earlier works? What makes it miss the list?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thereviews.topdiscussion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Rockrosen: Ah, yes, the Hobbit.... Well, first of all, I have only seen the first movie, so I can only say things about that one. And second of all, to me, The hobbit and the lord of the rings are two completely different movies, and they are on two completely different leves. I see Lord of the rings as a movie-serie that's on a really high level, as a movie-serie with a lot of heart. You can really tell that everyone that Was on the LOTR team did everything they Could to make an amazing movie. While with the hobbit, I feel like it Was mostly made to make money. Maybe it's not like that, but that's how it feels. And unlike LOTR, I feel like the goal with the Hobbit Was to make a movie that is Nice for people to look at, while with LOTR I feel like it's goal Was to make a great fantasy movie that would make people laugh, cry and really feel for the charachters.
I also think that the CGI is almost better in the LOTR-movies. Sure, the CGI is AMAZING mostly in the Hobbit, but at a lot of Times, it feels fake. You can really see how fake it is. I have never felt that in a LOTR-scene.
Pretty long answer hehe... But yeah, these are the main reasons that the hobbit didn't make My list. And Before I forget, I also have to comment the acting. Everyone, really EVERYONE, does an amazing job in LOT. Orlando, Elijah, Viggo... All of them. But in the Hobbit, the only amazing actor I see is Martin Freeman. For me, everyone else is pretty Much average (accept the ones who were in LOTR, like Ian, who plays Gandalf).
P.S. I love the "everything wrong with" videos; so fun to watch! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 pm

It just occurred to me that all movies are fantasy movies arnt they, so heres my list of favourite fantasy movies.......in no particular order. Ive probably overlooked 30 movies, It'd be a different list tomorrow.

Pulp Fiction
Withnail and I
The Deerhunter
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Back to the Future
Zulu
Jungle Book
The Life of Brian
Lawrence of Arabia
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Maybe its just me, but graphics/special effects etc don't make movies great, great stories and great cinematography and great acting performances make movies great. It explains why The Deerhunter is infinitely better than any Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movies ever could be. The word empathy sums it up perfectly, how can anyone empathize with a wizard. It also explains why Game of Thrones is nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad.

Sorry for being a pedantic bastard Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Fantasy Movies   

Back to top Go down

Top Ten Fantasy Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1